Indigenous Caribbean Network

Religion, Spirituality, Ritual (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The wisdom of the South ( Earth )

The wisdom of the South ( Earth ) Almost every culture uses the four Directions or Cardinal points directly or indirectly - The Taino Dir…

Started by Edgar Rodriguez(Kunuku Ceiba)

2 Dec 22, 2015
Reply by Nelson Kauamarix Zayas

Achiano, Koromo, Rakuno, Sobaico

Caney Circle's medicine wheel lists these as spirits who bear the name of that direction's respective star. Trying to figure out if Achiano…

Started by Nelson Kauamarix Zayas

5 Nov 24, 2015

Modern Practices of Taino spirituality

Hello, my name is Liliana, I am a Puerto Rico native living in Europe and I am currently studying and learning about The Goddess. Reading a…

Started by Liliana

2 Nov 10, 2015
Reply by David Aponte Resto

Medicine Wheel questions

1- Do Caney Circle teachings assign a season to the four direction? 2- Other teachings start their medicine wheel in the east (I assume be…

1 Mar 29, 2015

Pleiades Dance?

Is anyone aware of a ritual ceremony in Taino culture involving  the Pleiades dance, which involves a mock fight between men and women, fol…

14 Feb 27, 2015

Looking for article

Does anyone have a copy of "Astronomy in Taino Mythology" by Sebatian Robiou-Lamarche Archaeoastronomy 7 (1-4);110-115 ?

20 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by Joanna 'Aya' Soto-Avilés

Autumnal Equinox Ceremony

Is anyone aware of any Fall Equinox ceremonies occurring in NY (preferably upstate NY)

5 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Amanda Dalmas

Sweating

I am looking for more resources on Taino sweat lodges. One source told me that sweating is not a Taino practice. I did find some informatio…

5 Aug 20, 2014
Reply by Jeffry Mucaro Iere Areito

The Spiritual Energy Transfer of a passing Elder

This is the most difficult subject to cover,in that I've search and search for reference material to provide validation. But alas only my…

3 Jan 6, 2014
Reply by Amanda Dalmas

What shamans provide to their communities

What shamans provide to their communities Soul Extraction – Energetic Protection Soul extraction involves the Shaman extracting psychic d…

0 Aug 30, 2013

RSS

Notes

La Bruja

Created by Miguel Sobaoko Koromo Sague Apr 4, 2016 at 12:07am. Last updated by Miguel Sobaoko Koromo Sague Apr 4, 2016.

Angel Rodriguez Caguana archeoastronomy

Created by Miguel Sobaoko Koromo Sague Mar 29, 2016 at 3:10pm. Last updated by Miguel Sobaoko Koromo Sague Mar 29, 2016.

Badge

Loading…

Events

© 2017   Created by Network Financial Administration.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service