Indigenous Caribbean Network

I am looking for any resources, especially photos/descriptions of the type of looms the Tainos would have used. The only name I have come across so far is called an Arawak Loom, but I can't seem to find any info on it. Thanks in advance, Kauamarix

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Takaji Datiao,

i viewed the photos of your loom. It looks great! Will you be posting images of the naguas as you weave them? I used to own a 36 inch floor loom but sold it about 10 years ago because I was moving, so I have some experience with weaving. I am interested in your posts. Thank you for sharing.

Bibi Tenanche

Bibi Tenanche, I will post as I complete works. B matum for your interest. Kauamarix

Headband completed. It is reversible (blue on white/white on blue). Part of my Cohoba Journey series, called Guabamcex.

Beautiful!!!

RSS

Notes

Parlor Palms care (a touch of the tropics)

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 10, 2021 at 3:36pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 10.

Giovas Deer presence in Caribbean

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 2, 2021 at 1:28pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 2.

Dog trade in the ancient Caribbean

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Dec 27, 2020 at 6:11pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Dec 27, 2020.

Badge

Loading…

Events

© 2021   Created by Network Financial Administration.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service