Notes

womens park permit 2023

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Oct 29, 2023 at 2:10pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Oct 29, 2023.

AKWESASNE NOTES history

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Jun 12, 2023 at 4:15pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Jun 12, 2023.

registration form art all night Pittsburgh

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 17, 2023 at 10:58am. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 17, 2023.

Badge

Loading…

world map of distribution of all behikes and behike tainees

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) initiated

Union City, New Jersey

About Me:
Member of Yukayeke Manicato

District Leader

Education:
Bachelors In Management Science

Research Interests:
Learning anything to do with the Taino culture

Affiliation:
Kasike and behike of the
Yukayeke Manicato community in
Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Founded the Yukayeke Manicato
community center In Lancaster
which houses the only Taino
cultural museum in the state.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) trainee

Corianne Anaguatu Vasco de Sousa Marugg

Female

now living in
East Riding of Yorkshire
United Kingdom

originally from the Caribbean island of Curacao

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.)trainee

Dulce Maria Vasco de Sousa

now living in
Capelle aan den IJssel
Netherlands

originally from the Caribbean island of Curacao

About Me:
I am a Caribbean “girl” walking my path on our beautiful Mother Earth. I’ve been searching for a long time for the place where I belong. Finaly I’ve found my roots, after wandering for a long time. Thankful to my daughter Corrie who brought me home to the Taínos.

Cantadora, healer and much more.

Education:
Highschool
Ananta Bachelor Therapist

Research Interests:
Everything about Taínos, ceremonies and my roots.

My Website:
http://www.dulcemaria.nl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.) INACTIVE ELDER

Christopher Hanson

Male
North Brunswick, NJ
United States

A behike of the Caney since
mid 1990's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.) initiated

Dayvanna Mitchell-Schreiner
Nurse at PCG
Public Partnerships
Owner Operator at O.W.L Natural Native Reserve
Owner at One World Love - OWL
Worked at SITE NITE
Worked at Rivers Healing Arts, LLC
Studied at CCAC
Lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.) INACTIVE ELDER

Domingo Turey Hernandez
Bloomfield, NJ
United States

About Me:
Friend and brother to many of the leaders and members within the Taino community.

Clinical Supervisor

Education:
Master of Science-1991

Contact Information:
dhernandez74@msn.com

Research Interests:
All things Taino

Affiliation:
UCTP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.)initiated

Edgar Rodriguez(Kunuku Ceiba)

Male
Lehigh Acres, FL
United States

About Me:
me member of the old taino groups in NYC ,now in florida

ultrasound tech

Education:
Ph.d in Pastoral Administration
ordained beike (since 1995)

Research Interests:
taino songs ,dances ceremony

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8.) initiated

Uaian KoaBu Kaguaia

Male
Bronx, NY
United States

About Me:
I was born in the town of
Rio Piedras in BoriKen.
Raised to age the age of about
10 by my grandmother in the
little town of Buen Consejo.
I received my initial Taino
teaching by her and other
elders in the town.
I am Twin Spirited and happily
married. I am an artist and
work my art through several
mediums. I specialize in
contemporizing our people's
traditional art and creating
new art inspired by our
ancestors. I also enjoy poetry
presently working in learning
to work the sewing machine.
I also practice Buddhism.
I enjoy the many similarities
both spiritualities share.
I am also a visual coordinator,
home organizer and interior
decorator by trade.
have worked in so many
fields my resume is now a
novel. I love cooking and
have gone to school for it.
I love collecting different
types of incense and have a
great variety from around the
world. I also collect rare
Oriental teapots. Have been
with the Caney circle for a
very long time.

Artist

8.) initiated

Spider
Guaba Guarikoku

Female
Fredonia, NY
United States

About Me:
Caney Circle Beike

Caney Circle Beike, Herbalist

Education:
BS Social work, massage therapist, founder of Vortex Energy Bodywork

Contact Information:
spiderherbs@gmail.com

Research Interests:
Taino Culture

Publications:
Songs of Bleeding, Grandmother Spider and the Web of Life, Grandmothers of the Four Winds, Katie's Journey, Vortex Energy

Affiliation:
Caney Circle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.) trainee

Gustavo Acosta Díaz

Male
San Juan
Puerto Rico
About Me:
My name is Gustavo Acosta. I'm a 21 year old Boricua of indigenous descent. Some of my passions are photography, painting, drawing and designing. I'm also a certified Reiki healer on the Okuden Level (II).

Contact Information:
E-mail: gustavo.acosta25@gmail.com
Phone number: (787)-590-9111

Research Interests:
Taínos, Ancestral knowledge, Spirituality, Metaphysics, Sacred Geometry, Energy & Energy Healing, Shamanism, Psychology, Art

10.) trainee

Ignacio G. Rivera

Baltimore, MD
United States

About Me:
I am a Black-Boricua-Taíno two-spirit performance artist, activist and sex(uality) educator. I was born in Brooklyn but am now living in Baltimore, Maryland.

Artist. Educator. Activist

Education:
Masters in Sociology

11.) trainee

Jaime Rosario

Male
Squamish, BC
Canada

About Me:
Jibaro Boricua Taino
Family from Toro Negro/Ciales/Orocobix/Morovis region of Boríken
First generation born on mainland Waukegan,IL

Bodyworker/Teacher

Education:
BS Education Western Illinois University, Macomb,IL
Certified Massage Bodyworker, Craniosacral practitioner,Tui-Na Accupressure practitioner,Sports Massage Deep Tissue bodyworker, Reiki Master

Contact Information:
jcrosario1954@yahoo.com, taino1954@live.ca

Research Interests:
35+years involvement with Lakota/Dakota Nation's ceremonial ways

Affiliation:
UCTP/Taino ieukiake Guainia

12.) INACTIVE ELDER

Jeffry Mucaro Iere Areito Blake Johnson

Male
Wexford, PA
United States

About Me:
Greetings! I am a Native American musician interested in the lifeways and culture of my Taino brothers and sisters - Mucaro Iere Areito "Owl Who Sings."

Conductor, Singer, Pianist, and Music Teacher

Education:
DMA, Conducting, West Virginia University
MM, Vocal Accompaniment and Harpsichord, Boston University
BS, Voice and Piano Performance, William Jewell College

Research Interests:
Taino and Maya culture

Affiliation:
Member and a Beike of the Caney Indigenous Spiritual Circle, Pittsburgh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13.) trainee

Jessica Ibarra

Jessica Ibarra

Female
Albuquerque New Mexico
originally from
Puerto Rico

About Me:
Abierta al aprendisaje

Guìa espiritual de diferentes modalidades

Contact Information:
jessireiki@yahoo.com

Research Interests:
Aprendisaje

14.) initiated

Joey Karei Inherst

Male
Ocoee, FL
United States

About Me:
I live in Palm Bay, Bimini(Florida), married with four kids. Member, and Liaison Officer for the U.C.T.P in Orlando. Also a member of the Iukaieke Guainia led by Kasike Mukaro. Also working with an archeological project in Cape Canaveral, Bimini, Ais Village Trail.I am the Indigenous Representative of the project.
Daka Taino, my Taino blood stems from my mother's side. Learning and hearing stories from my abuela, and abuelo.
Seneko Kakona to All!!
Taino Ti!!

Wildlife Removal, and Landscape

Education:
Associate in Science in Emergency Medical Services

Contact Information:
kareitaino76@gmail.com

Research Interests:
Everything to do with Taino, history, plants, animals, ocean, life, Love, Atabey, surfing, scuba, survival, sacred geometry, the flower of life, natural healing, shamanism, and many more...

Affiliation:
United Confederation of Taino People, Iukaieke Guainia, Iukaieke Guainia Bimini, Caney Circle, Ais Village Trail

15.) trainee

Julia Karaya Guali Garci

I am passionate about herbs, healing and following Creator
and doing what is good, for people, my ancestors and Mother Earth.

Nurse

Research Interests:
Our cultural history, art and music.
Conestoga, Pennsylvania

16.) trainee

Lara Pacheco

Lara Pacheco
Portland, Oregon

a community organizer and herbalist that works to decolonize
medicine by helping folks connect to the land, their bodies and
creatures of this earth. i also want to help people reclaim
their ancestry which is also a part of my work.

herbalist

Education:
james madison university- graduated 2004 with BA in
anthropology and minor in latin american studies and spanish

17.) trainee

Leslie Haidez De Jesus (PhatGyrl)
Female
Alexandria, VA
United States

About Me:
Taino (PR)

A unique Jane of trades

Research Interests:
Learning about my culture and history, especially my Taino roots.

18.) trainee

Lisa

About Me:
I am currently a member with Yaya Guaili Ara Taino Yukayeke and serve them as a Behike. I consider myself in training as I am always seeking more knowledge and growth to be a better guide for those in my community. I am humbled to be of service to my brothers and Sisters

servant to my Taino brothers and sisters

Education:
BS Business Administration

Contact Information:
1102 Shalimar Court
High Point, NC 27262
336-317-2232

Research Interests:
Enrolled in doctorate program of ministry and will be doing my dissertation on the Boriken Taino Community.

Publications:
none

Affiliation:
Yaya Guaili Ara Taino Yukayeke

Link:
http://facebook.com/behike.lisa

19.) trainee

Ludger TiLou “Lil Wolf” BALAN (Urban Divers)

Male
Elmont, NY
United States

About Me:
Arawak Taino, living in NYC Metro area. Committed in reviving, learning, Sharing, Arawak spiritual traditions and ceremony, customs and language.

Research Interests:
Arawak language, spirituality, traditional medicine and healing practices

20.) trainee

Maxx Guasabara Wilfredo Rivera

About Me:
Forever a Talib.
Student of our physical manifestation, rooted in the spirit.

University Professor, Business Owner

Education:
Cornell University-Post Bacc Nutritional Sciences
Stony Brook University-Masters in Medical Humanities, Compassionate Care and Bioethics
Stony Brook University-Bachelors in Science, Emergency & Critical Care
Stony Brook University-Bachelors in Science, American Govt.

Contact Information:
347-236-7307

Research Interests:
Ancestral customs, traditions, rituals & development.

21.) trainee

Mercedes Anakachi Garcia

Female
Poughkeepsie, NY
United States

About Me:
My name is Mercedes Anakachi Garcia. I identify as Taino from the island Kiskeya/Ayiti. I am excited to join this network and share/learn from my brothers and sisters.

Owner/Artist of The Divine Three/Anakachi Arts

Education:
LaGuardia Community College/ Liberal Arts

Contact Information:
anakachi.crafts@gmail.com

Research Interests:
Taino Spirituality, Taino Language, Taino Ceremony.

22.) initiated

Nelson Kauamarix Zayas

Male
Pine Plains, NY
United States

About Me:
I was born in NYC. Both my parents and their parents were born in Boriken.

Owner: Nelson Zayas Tax Services. Elementary School Teacher

Education:
BS Physician Assistant
MS Elementary Education PreK-6
MS Integrating Technology in the Classroom
Administrative Certification

Contact Information:
n.zayas@ppcsd.org

Research Interests:
Taino weaving
Taino medicine
Taino stories
Taino language
Taino culture

23.) trainee

Medicine circle on his roof

TERAPEUTA ENERGETICO & COACH DE VIDA

Consulta generalizada

Terapia de Reiki

Liderazgo Espiritual

Adulto Cristal

Protector de Niños, Animales y la Naturaleza

Sanación y limpieza con el tambor y maracas (sonajas)

Happiness Program

Facilitador RAS (Respiración, Agua y Sonido)

Acupuntura Auricular

Trabajo energético en hogares u oficinas (vastu/ feng shui)

Masajes

Terapia con flores

Rebalanceo energético con cristales

Young Life

Limpieza de Cuevas y Centros Ceremoniales

Creative Director & Artist/ Professional Photographer

Contact Information:

Calle Dr. Delgado #204, Urb. Gazcue
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Research Interests:

Medicine man, plants & Taino culture, crafts and ways.
Intercultural exchanges with different tribes of the world
Animal and plant work

24.) initiated

Tenanche Semiata Rose Golden

Female
Pittsburgh, PA
United States

About Me:
For 30 years I have been a member of the Caney Indigenous Spiritual Circle. I have been in the role as a Beiki/Boitiu for most of that time. I am an adopted Taina through traditional Guaitaio ceremony, though there is a good possibility of Taino bloodline in my family tree.I am Powhatan-Renape, of the great Powhatan Nation of Ajacan. My mother is of Chickahominy Indian lineage (one of the 8 Federally Recognized Powhatan tribes) I am also part African-American and Scotch-Irish. I love Ata Bei (Mother Earth), flowers, herbs, stones and healing with them. I have lived in the beautiful country of Mexico and the U.S. Southwest, and have traveled to Borikén, where I visited the Taino sacred site of Tibes. I currently reside in the Pittsburgh, PA

Teacher, Artist, Floral Herbalist, Flower Essence Therapist, Reiki Master-Teacher, Author, Soon-to-be-Instructor for LaStone Therapy

Education:
A lot! At times I think too much because living in the head tends to keep one away from Mother Earth. Learning to live from the Heart (Earth)!

Contact Information:
crystalradiance@yahoo.com

Research Interests:
Flower essences, Aromatherapy, herbalism, energy healing, Indigenous art, culture, and sacred ceremony of the Americas and the Caribbean,

Publications:
Author of: Rose Flower Essences: A New Guide to Natural Healing with 65 Remedies Made From The World's Most Beloved Flower (2006, Healing Rose Press); Author of Rose Oil and Rosewater: 25 Quick and Easy Tips for Beautiful Skin and Wellbeing (2009); Cover Art and Illustrator of Songs of Bleeding, by Spider (Kathleen Lawrence) Caney Indigenoous Spiritual Circle - Taino - Women's Lodge Ceremonies (1992)

Affiliation:
Caney Indigenous Spiritual Circle

25.) trainee

Veronica

Female
Shawnee, OK
United States

bout Me:
Puerto Rican-born New York raised.
Currently in Oklahoma finishing up my Bachelor's degree and going right into my Master's afterward.
I am Proud to be here.
Contact me if need anyone to talk to or if you want to connect.

Certified Usui Reiki Practitioner, Ordained minister, spiritual advisor

Education:
West Virginia Community College
Midland College
West Liberty University
University of Central Oklahoma(currently)

Contact Information:
verrohensley@gmail.com

Research Interests:
Psychology
Our Indigenous Culture
Brujeria, Santeria, anything to do with our ancestors and the magic that binds us to the Universe.

26.) trainee

From a young age I was always intrigued with ancient cultures and my more “primitive” and distant ancestors. That tribal connection and the unique cultural perspectives called to me from the past, almost as if my DNA demanded it. At around 10 years old my interest in learning about ethnic traditions blossomed, which led me into finding “the zone” in karate, meditation, yoga, running and so on. As a teen I was entranced by the ancestral heritage ingrained in many of my ancestors cultures, and a few years later I found the drum.
The drum started me on my path of learning about a multitude of ancient instruments, then learning to repair and make those instruments, which then led into teaching. I started teaching about indigenous instruments when my oldest son was in pre-k and asked me to bring some in for show and tell, and what started as a few drums being brought to his school, ended up being large collections of instruments and detailed presentations in the later years as he aged.
Now I teach groups like scouts and at festivals and venues facilitating my instrument education presentations and instrument building workshops, braiding culture and traditional knowledge and myth into each presentation. My passion for learning and teaching about indigenous instruments constantly evolves and integrates new history, techniques and cultures

Entrepreneur

Education:
Studied cross cultural shamanism and animism for 20 years
Participated in numerous ceremonies such as sweats, tipi, and others.
Held personal ceremony for 15 years working with the medicine wheel and ancestors
Major journey work and plant medicine experiences
Ancestor work- Psychopomp, journey, etc.

Contact Information:
William Rodriguez
info@archaicroots.com

Research Interests:
Ceremony and spiritual perspective

Link:
http://www.archaicroots.com

Another link:
http://www.wargraphicarts.com

Another link:
http://www.reciprocitree.com

My Website:
http://www.archaicroots.com

27.) initiated

Windsong (Guaraguao)

Missoula, MT
United States

About Me:
Windsong is a Boriken Taino and an enrolled member of the United Confederation of Taino People. She has been practicing Taino shamanism for 55+ years and has been an independent Taino beike for 41+ years.
Windsong was named an honorary Taino Grandmother at birth by her 105-year-old Taino maternal great grandmother, who was a hereditary Taino Seer and Fire Keeper.
Windsong is also a Higuayagua beike, a member of the Higuayagua beike lodge, a longtime Taino Tekina of Ku Karey Spiritual Circle, and a member of the Ku Karey Yukayeke.
She lives in Missoula, Montana, USA.

Hereditary Taino Boitiu, Beike & Traditional Midwife

Education:
Medicina Alternativa & The Open International University for Complementary Medicines awarded Windsong an M.D. for her work, recognizing her as a Traditional Shaman, a Traditional Indigenous Doctor, and a Doctor of Alternative Medicine.
Doctoral degrees awarded by Medicina Alternativa/OIUCM are internationally accredited by UNESCO, the World Health Organization, and the University for Peace mandated by the United Nations.

Contact Information:
Email: windsong@iaia.edu
Voicemail: 505.629.0503

Research Interests:
Traditional ways of knowing, traditional cultural practices, women’s medicine

Network Financial Administration

Notes

La Bruja

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 4, 2016 at 12:07am. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 4, 2016.

Angel Rodriguez Caguana archeoastronomy

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 29, 2016 at 3:10pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Mar 29, 2016.

Badge

<param name="movie" value="https://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/index/swf/badge.swf?xn_version=124632088" /> <param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#e9eee8" />
<param name="flashvars" value="hideVisit=1&amp;config=http%3A%2F%2Findigenouscaribbean.ning.com%2Fmain%2Fbadge%2FshowPlayerConfig%3Fsize%3Dtiny%26v%3D22%26username%3D2ugw3fbjvi4a9&amp;backgroundColor=0xe9eee8&amp;textColor=0x797979" />
<param name="wmode" value="opaque"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed
class="xj_badge_embed"
src="https://static.ning.com/socialnetworkmain/widgets/index/swf/badge.swf?xn_version=124632088"
quality=high
bgColor="#e9eee8"
width="100%"
height="64"
name="badgeSwf"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="opaque"
FlashVars="hideVisit=1&amp;config=http%3A%2F%2Findigenouscaribbean.ning.com%2Fmain%2Fbadge%2FshowPlayerConfig%3Fsize%3Dtiny%26v%3D22%26username%3D2ugw3fbjvi4a9&amp;backgroundColor=0xe9eee8&amp;textColor=0x797979"
scale="noscale"
allowScriptAccess="always">
</embed>
</object>">

Events

Views: 1206

© 2024   Created by Network Financial Administration.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service