Notes

womens park permit 2023

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Oct 29, 2023 at 2:10pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Oct 29, 2023.

AKWESASNE NOTES history

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Jun 12, 2023 at 4:15pm. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Jun 12, 2023.

registration form art all night Pittsburgh

Created by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 17, 2023 at 10:58am. Last updated by Miguel Sague Jr Apr 17, 2023.

Badge

Loading…

La tematica de las plantas medicinales de los antiguos tainos es un topico no bien conocido pues las escrituras de los cronistas coloniales peninsulares  incluyen escasa informacion acerca de las tradiciones yerberas. Sin embargo, en las regiones rurales y los campos de las islas del Caribe han sobrevivido costumbres regionales con respecto al uso de las plantas endemicas que nos da una idea de lo que se practico alli en tiempos pasados.

The topic of ancient Taino medicinal plants is a subject that is not well understood since the writings of the Spanish chroniclers is very scarce in regard to the subject of herbal traditions. Nevertheless, in rural regions and the countryside of the Caribbean islands there survive to this day certain regional customs regarding the use of endemic plants that give us an idea of what was practiced there in times past.

Aqui quiero presentar una breve seleccion de articulos y libros que ofrecen una introduccion al mundo de las plantas medicinales y costumbres de sanacion que abundan en el caribe y que deben de tener origen taino.

Here I would like to present a brief selection of articles and books that offer an introduction to the realm of medicinal plants and healing practices that abound in the Caribbean and must have Taino origin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

En el a~o 2014 viaje a una zona remota de Cuba en la region de Baracoa donde visite una mujer que era reconocida como una gran curandera en su area. Ella criaba las yerbas en su propio jardin y se dedicaba a sanar los males de sus vecinos enfermos. Se llamaba Carmen. Desafortunadamente fallecio este a~o pero resulta que yo logre hacer una breve grabacion de mi encuentro con ella. En este video el famoso etnologo cubano Dr Alejandro Hartman me presenta a Carmen. Despues ella presenta una explicacion de sus plantas medicinales. El video es en castellano y aquellos de ustedes que entienden esa lengua podran aprender mucho de sus explicaciones y las de su hija. Para quellos que no entiend el  castellano tendre una traduccion de este video para el futuro.

In 2014 I traveled to a remote region of Cuba in the Baracoa district and visited a woman who was renown in her area as a famous herbalist. She grew the plants in her own yard and healed those of her neighborhood who came to her with ailments. Her name was Carmen. Unfortunately she just passed away this year but as it turns out I videotaped my encounter with her. Here in this video the famous Cuban ethnologist Dr Alejandro Hartman introduces Carmen and then she goes on to discuss her herbs. The whole video is in Spanish and those of you who speak Spanish will understand her explanation and the explanation of her daughter. For those who don't speak Spanish I will have a translation of this video in the future

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

El proximo tema que quisiera presentar aqui es el de la tradicion de plantas medicinales de la nacion kalinago. E aqui una interesante presentacion acerca de ese tema. Los kalinagos son la gente indigena comunmente conocidas con el nombre "caribes".

the next topic I will bring up is an interesting article on Kalinago herbal wisdom. The Kalinago are the Native people of the Caribbean commonly known as "Caribs".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Confederacion Unida Del Pueblo Taino publico un articulo interesante acerca de la yerbas indigenas de varias regiones de las Americas con un enfoque a las yerbas de las areas que son de interes para nosotros.

The United Confederation of Taino People published an interesting article on Indigenous herbs from many regions of the Americas with a focus on herbs from areas that are of specific interest to us.

UCTP MEDICINAL PLANTS

UCTP MEDICINAL PLANTS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desgraciadamente la proxima fuente de informacion que ofrezco aqui (Plantas Medicinales De Puerto Rico) es solamente en castellano pero seguire  ofreciendo aqui en el futuro mas informacion sobre plantas sagradas en Ingles.

Unfortunately the next source (Puerto Rican medicinal plants) that I am going to post is solely in Spanish but I will continue to bring you more info on medicinal and sacred plants in English.

PLANTAS MEDICINALES DE PUERTO RICO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aunque encontre el contenido de este proximo sitio de la web sobre yerbas boricuas muy informativo siempre me da trabajo hacer que progrese el video. Es un poco molestoso. Este es solamente en ingles.

Although I found the content in this video site of Boricua herbs extremely informational I always have trouble making the video itself progress. It can be a little aggravating.This one is only in English.

GUIDE TO MEDICINAL PLANTS OF PUERTO RICO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E aqui la informacion necesaria para ordenar el famoso libro "Plantas Medicinales De Puerto Rico" de Esteban Nunez Melendez. (desgraciadamente este libro solamente se encuentra en el idioma castellano)

Here is the ordering info for the famous book "Plantas Medicinales De Puerto Rico" by Esteban Nunez Melendez (unfortunately only in Spanish)

para ordenar el libro PLANTAS MEDICINALES DE PUERTO RICO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Este ultimo libro en Ingles de Maria Bene detti  lo encontre en el museo del sitio arqueologico de Tibes durante mi visita alli en 2009

I actually found this final book in English by Maria Benedetti at the Tibes archeological site museum during a visit to Boriken in 2009

Earth and Spirit: Medicinal Plants and Healing Lore from Puerto Rico

Views: 460

Replies to This Discussion

I found the video! Great !

RSS

© 2024   Created by Network Financial Administration.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service